1. Dust is unsightly and makes your collection look poorly maintained. 2. Dust is abrasive on a microscopic scale due to tiny sharp mineral particles, such as quartz. 3. Dust contains pollens, skin cells, insect bits, and other organic matter that feeds biological growth. 4. Dust can be acidic. 5. Dust is “hygroscopic,” meaning it attracts water and holds it against the surface of an object, contributing to staining, corrosion, and biological growth.via Dust in Museum Exhibits « Ellen Carrlee Conservation. Write dust into a story. Now that you've read this list where does dust fit in and how does it change your story? Will you make dust the monster or just a victim of circumstance?
Geofiction is a hobby in which people design imaginary places: cities, countries, worlds, even entire universes! Unlike most worldbuilders, geofiction hobbyists do not necessarily create their worlds as a background for a novel or role-playing game, they create them for the fun of creation.
via What Is Geofiction?.Resources: Norscand Geofiction Maps Stadtkreation Urban Geofiction Geopoeia is a wiki and forum for and about conworlds, geofiction, conlangs, alternate histories, and uchronias. Unorthodox Creativity: Geofiction Geofiction Wiki Martijn Kressler - Artist Geoficticus
The ideal candidate will have consumer writing and web experience, as well as a background or educated interest in interior design. A post-secondary education is also required. Experience with a content management system (CMS) such as Drupal, WordPress, Joomla or Moveable Type are also assets. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point for Mac computers is a must. The online editorial assistant will report directly to the Online Director, and liaise with the web team, iPad, Sales, Video and Creative Services Team and other departments of House & Home Media. Job Responsibilities
- Research and write photo galleries, articles, blogs and other online content
- Reception relief duties
- Assist with research and production for iPad issues
- Contribute to online promotional materials as needed
- Assist with content creation and uploads for digital partners and initiatives
- Conduct photo research and crop images
- Assist with updating the online editorial calendar
- Contribute to online forums and social media communities
- Monitor site traffic, content performance and user experience
- Grab screenshots for results reports
- Review press releases/product info directed to houseandhome.com and, on occasion, attend/blog about events
- Develop content ideas and opportunities
- Other tasks as instructed by Online Director.