Ben Barden: How to Enjoy Mondays. Read Ben's list. My favourite of his tips was to have a decent breakfast. I love having breakfast out somewhere, especially if I can get going very early in the morning, when it still feels like the world is quietly dreaming. Mondays don't bother me really. It was halfway through the work week that I would be ready to take a vacation. But, the theme is the same, which ever day it is that you find yourself needing a break from the job/ career you love/ hate or love to hate. What are some ideas to make your kind of Monday better? Can you make a list of five?
- Get up really early, catch the first bus of the day, and have a seat all the way to work - with elbow room!
- When you arrive at work (far too early) find a sunny corner to have coffee and contemplate the world as it wakes up. If you can find yourself on a highrise looking down it is almost perfect.
- At some point you will have to actually start work. Say "Good Morning" to people as you pass them in the halls and such. A smile will go a long way too.
- Sneak a great snack into your purse at some point. Know it is there, lurking in secret. You can pull it out any time for a chocolate lust fest just for you! You might even leave it there until the bus ride home, something to look forward to all day long.
- Wink at someone on the ride home. It makes them wonder what you're really up to. You devious thing you!
Manic Monday - The Bangles Six o'clock already I was just in the middle of a dream I was kissin' Valentino By a crystal blue Italian stream But I can't be late 'Cause then I guess I just won't get paid These are the days When you wish your bed was already made It's just another manic Monday I wish it was Sunday 'Cause that's my funday My I don't have to runday It's just another manic Monday Have to catch an early train Got to be to work by nine And if I had an air-o-plane I still couldn't make it on time 'Cause it takes me so long Just to figure out what I'm gonna wear Blame it on the train But the boss is already there All of the nights Why did my lover have to pick last night To get down Doesn't it matter That I have to feed the both of us Employment's down He tells me in his bedroom voice C'mon honey, let's go make some noise Time it goes so fast When you're having fun