I like reading job descriptions for online web publishing. I started reading this one, thinking it would be a way for someone who loves illustration and arts to get into being part of the ‘art department’ for a publication. It’s not. They are looking for someone to publish and managed the visual arts section. Still worth reading.
This is a volunteer thing. They want a lot out of someone they won’t be paying. So, anyone looking into this will have to be doing it for the experience and the fame, not the fortune.
Online Editor – Visual Arts
We’re looking for a volunteer Web Editor to play a senior role overseeing the editorial content of the Arts section. With a working knowledge of feminist theory and socially engaged contemporary art practice, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the voice of HerCircleEzine.com.
You will be a self starter with drive and creative energy; responsive, bold and confident with your ideas. Your main goal will be to work to our creative and editorial standards to enhance and broaden the appeal of HerCircleEzine.com.
* Researching article ideas relevant to the HCE mission
* Maintaining an editorial calendar
* Assigning articles to volunteer bloggers and freelance writers
* Monitoring expected contributor submissions (features, blog posts, etc.)
* Managing routine communications with contributors
* Posting all content to WordPress CMS with appropriate formatting
* Sourcing and adding graphics, photos, etc. as necessary
* Managing content for monthly eNewsletter – based on editorial calendar/schedule
* Take an active interest and personal pride in the aesthetic appearance of the site
* Promptly correct any typos or other errors noted on the site