Easy ideas for preschoolers to get writing:
Would you rather…?
- have potato chips or French fries?
- play with a cat or a dog?
- dance or sing?
- climb a tree or roll in the leaves?
- swim or skate?
- make a cake or eat a cake?
- jump in puddles or stay dry?
- go to bed late or get up early?
- have a pet mouse or a pet elephant?
What would you do if…
- a pet lion came to visit your house?
- you caught a giant fish?
- you had an invisible bicycle?
- you found a real treasure map?
- you found a secret door?
Start storytelling by asking the children to tell you about their drawings. There’s always a story behind them, for whoever listens. How many words can they write to go along with the words they have drawn?